Playing Ping-Pong ... aka Verizon Won't Support the "Verizon WiFi" Service Activation App
marlowerog

This post concerns the Verizon service called, "Verizon WiFi," which is introduced at the following web-page:

http://www.verizon.com/wifi

The service is explained in the following page:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet/highspeed/networking/setup/wifi/124612.htm

The so-called "quick and easy" process to register and activate has occupied more than sixteen hours of time - so far - and regrettably, shows no signs of ever working. Two chat sessions, six (mostly marathon) CS calls, and I still can not find anyone who is inclined to fix the real problem, namely:

The "WiFi Activation" application (or wizard) will not accept as valid any user name that I type.

No matter what I enter into the User Name field (including the random strings provided by technical support in India), the application reports, "User name contains one or more invalid characters." Tried it 15 to times on multiple PCs ... always with the same results, "User name contains one or more invalid characters."

Telephone support is frustrating ... at best. Verizon DSL Dept. transfers me to VZ Wireless Dept., who eventually transfers me back to VZ DSL, who the transfers me to VZ FIOS Department, and then back to Wireless ... and so on. As y'all know, several of these transfers were to India and back.  Last night (28 May) the trouble-ticket was escalated for action, and I was assured that I'd be contacted with the problem resolution..

I was not contacted.

This evening, I tried again.  After lots more 'customer ping pong,' and repetition of yesterday's experiences, I was eventually told that the ticket (VAHM01NN**) had been closed. What gives? Why would an unresolved problem ticket be closed?

How about it, Verizon reps who read this?

Can one of y'all VZ reps help solve the problem with activating WiFi service so I can "Enjoy nationwide Wi-Fi access in select areas at over 5,000 hotspot locations -- at no extra charge" as trumpeted on the web-site? What office is responsible for technical support of the "WiFi Activation" application (named like the following, VZ.WIFI_2013_2013_29_10_12_44_8741ghu.app)?

Please help a brotha' out!

BTW.  Every technician wants to dick around with my DSL modem ... instead of addressing the real problem.  Please fix the flow-chart so that "Verizon WiFi" and "Verizon commericial WiFi hotspots" are addressed correctly!

0 Likes
Re: Playing Ping-Pong ... aka Verizon Won't Support the "Verizon WiFi" Service Activation
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Playing Ping-Pong ... aka Verizon Won't Support the "Verizon WiFi" Service Activation
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you over on your Private Support Case.

We hope all your issues have been resolved satisfactorily. If you need further help, feel free to create a new post, and we can be sure to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Re: ... "Verizon WiFi" Service Activation - A Reference
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@marlowerog wrote:

This post concerns the Verizon service called, "Verizon WiFi" ... Please fix the flow-chart so that "Verizon WiFi" and "Verizon commericial WiFi hotspots" are addressed correctly!

I have this service running and it was not a simple setup.  I cannot make a particular suggestion right now for your case, but I thought this link might help:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/TRYING-TO-REGISTER-FOR-WI-FI-FROM-Ipad/m-p/580463

Perhaps between the two of  you, you'll encounter a resolution.  Good luck.

Edit:  After submitting my post on your issue, I discovered that you have initiated 3 separate threads on the same subject.  Of course I had no way of knowing this prior to posting, and I found this confusing.  Subsequently I realized that I'm unlikely to be able to help.  In any case, best of luck.

0 Likes