Poor Customer Service
JustBreathe1

I called Verizon on June 10th 2017 for DSL service. After holding and then getting someone to setup the service I was told after about 40mins that I would be transferred to another person to get the modem sent to the address I wanted. During the transfer the phone got cut off. I waited for about an hr. to see if the person would call me back since the transaction (although I received a order number {edited for privacy}) was not complete. When I realize that I was not going to get a call back, I tried to call in to Verizon to make sure the modem was getting to the correct place. I waited for over an hr. to get someone on the phone. When I asked if this was normal wait time for customer service I was told it was late on Saturday and then the rep said, “now that you have reached someone how can I help you”. Completely ignoring the fact that I waited so long for service and no apology. I chalk that up to an anomaly and not necessarily bad service. I told her my situation and then when she checked she said we you need a tech. I said it is just for a modem my condo is cable/internet ready and the previous rep assured me that I did not need a tech. She claimed I needed it and I said ok. She setup for the tech to come between 8-12 on June 17th 2017 (because that was the earliest time I could get). She informed me that the modem would get to me by June 14th 2017 and when the tech came they would install it. The modem did not arrive on the 14 or 15th so I decided to call Verizon again on June 16th 2017 another hold time. The next rep I got told me I she could not find where the tech was scheduled to come out and could not give me a reason the modem had not arrived. She decided to re-order the modem ({edited for privacy}) and said it should be there by June 19th (as it was expedited). When the modem did not show up on I decided to call Verizon again on June 21st  – this time I hold for 1:46 minutes it was so bad that the first person I got needed to transfer to the tech support for more information and they were waiting so long that they asked to call me back. When they finally call me back and I spoke to the tech he claimed that the modem should there on June 22nd. I asked with the service I am getting if this modem does not show up can I go to a store and pick it up – the tech told me yes (I did ask the reps before and they said no it had to be mailed to me).

Of course, it is Jun 23rd no modem. So, I decided to call the closest Verizon store to my home which is in Ellicott City MD. I told the rep on the phone that I needed a modem and I do not have FIOS just DSL and I was told that I could come to the store. After driving to this store (which was not close in rush hour traffic) I was told they do not carry the DSL modem in the store and the best they can do is put the order in again for the modem. At this point my frustration is so high, that I cannot believe I am treated in this way. So, I have yet another order number {edited for privacy}. Also, the order was put in for more than what I signed up for, he claimed it would delay the process to change and when I get the modem to call him and he will change it. Seeing that this service is ever elusive I doubt this will be problem.

You would think that I wanted free service and it is not something I am paying for. This is outrageous and I will be making everyone on the internet know this. The frustration is having to be diving back and forth from my mailbox waiting for this thing and then when you finally get a rep and you think it is all going to be taken care of it seem it is all lies. At this point there better be some compensation for my inconvenience. This is what happens when the market has a monopoly.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi JustBreathe,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes