Poor Streaming Quality
heatherlorraine

Not shockingly, in the past month I have experienced a ridiculous amount of interruptions while attempting to use Netflix or the new WWE Network. 

I tried watching a 45 minute program on WWE Network through my XBOX One and it was interrupted no fewer than 20 times. Netflix reguarly displays "error" messages in the middle of trying to stream a movie or show. 

I understand these services are competitors to the traditional television format that Verizon offers; however, because I live in an apartment building, I DO NOT have access to Verizon FIOS. I have only two choices for television, Comcast or Direct TV. 

I purchased a two year contract with Direct TV, so yes, I am participating in the three-way monoply these formats have on television viewing, in fact, my Verizon dial-up service is bundled with the Direct TV satellite package. 

I pay $68 each month for the ability to check my email, occasionally "surf" the internet, and rarely download a video game, but I have to download multiple times until it finally completes. I cannot stream an entire movie, and have basically no use of the WWE Network I recently committed to a $10/month for 6 month contract. 

No it isn't an old/bad line, and yes the modem is fine; it's Verizon, trying to push companies that offer streaming out of the race. 

Shame on you Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Streaming Quality
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This does sound like a bad line. Having a household full of gamers and video streamers, we don't have problems with failed downloads but only complain about bandwidth contention. Just to be sure, around the time content either fails to stream or downloads fail, do you see the DSL light flashing on the modem or is the Internet light out or red?

0 Likes