Port Forwarding on Westell 327W Wireless Modem
neilac333

I am trying to set up port forwarding on my Westell 327W Wireless Modem. I can't find a place to do it anywhere. What's worse is that when I try to alter Wireless Settings or Firewall Settings, I get a username/password prompt for "Modem Secure." I have tried my Verizon credentials for connecting to the router as well as all the usual typical defaults like admin/password. None of them work.

My question is firstly how to do the port forwarding. If it involves the Modem Secure stuff, what are the credentials?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding on Westell 327W Wireless Modem
Hubrisnxs
Legend

modem credentials for Verizon routers is admin and password1, sometimes it's admin and password.

If neither of those work, then you might have changed them, or someone at the house may have changed them for you.

the only way to reset them to factory settings, is to do exactly that.  There is a reset button found on the back of the router, you have to press and  hold it in for about 15-25 seconds.

the security port forwarding walk through for the verizon routers can be found at www.portforward.com

just remember when setting up the port forwarding, to do the source port as any.   DO NOT SPECIFY IT.

0 Likes