Print across 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on G1100?
CotyS

We have the guest network, a 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz network up and running.  Our Brothers WIFI printer is on the 2.4 ghz netowrk.  It seems I can't print from the 5 ghz network to the printer on hte 2.4 ghz network.  All the networks are setup with unique SSIDs. 

Anyone finding similar things?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Print across 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on G1100?
slnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found the IGMP setting in advacned -> Routing -> Routing.  I disabled it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Nick_L1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CotyS wrote:

We have the guest network, a 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz network up and running.  Our Brothers WIFI printer is on the 2.4 ghz netowrk.  It seems I can't print from the 5 ghz network to the printer on hte 2.4 ghz network.  All the networks are setup with unique SSIDs. 

Anyone finding similar things?

That is an odd issue.  It really shouldn't matter what band or SSID the printer is connected to because all of the devices are getting 192.168.1.X IP addresses from the same router.  Basically, the routing process doesn't care what SSID the devices are connected to.  For giggles... have you tried switching to the 2.4 ghz network to see if it works? 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the router have IGMP Snooping or something called AP Isolation enabled on the 5Ghz radio? They could be causing problems.

0 Likes
CotyS

It would print from the 2.4 network, but not from the 5 Ghz side.  I rebooted everything, router, PC, and printer and now it will print on either.  

We have an old brother wifi printer, I suspect it is the printer.  It takes forever to print anything on it these days.

0 Likes
Africa
slnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue.  a reboot seems to temporarily fix the issue but then I have the same problem again.

0 Likes
slnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found the IGMP setting in advacned -> Routing -> Routing.  I disabled it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes