Problem with outgoing email on Outlook Express 6
egretoaks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the following error message when attempting to send email:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's ...

I have done the Verizon checkup and used the "helper" to no avail.  My settings are configured as the tutorial detailed.  I need help!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with outgoing email on Outlook Express 6
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

egretoaks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I had changed from port 25 to 587 and that worked for the main identity but the subaccount still cannot send mail.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is the sub account able to receive mail? If so, you might try the "use same as incoming" check box for its outgoing settings.

What error are you getting on the sub when attempting to send? (If it's not the same one as listed in the OP.)

Are you able to send and receive ok with that sub via the webmail site? If you can't send via webmail, it may be an account issue, rather than a client issue.

0 Likes
egretoaks
Enthusiast - Level 1

No sending or receiving by Subaccount.  All subaccount mail is received by main identity.  Here is the error message received when sending is attempted:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'xxxxxxx@verizon.net'. Subject '5th test', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

This is same message I received when I could at least get mail!

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time on this!  🙂

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@egretoaks wrote:

No sending or receiving by Subaccount.  All subaccount mail is received by main identity.  Here is the error message received when sending is attempted:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'xxxxxxx@verizon.net'. Subject '5th test', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

This is same message I received when I could at least get mail!

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time on this!  🙂

The "No AUTH command" bit makes me think that maybe you haven't selected the server requires authentication options for your sub setup. Especially when using port 587, you have to authenticate. Maybe double check these. They're checkboxes, so they are pretty easy to accidentally uncheck.

0 Likes