Problems Ordering DSL+Phone bundle plan
ryanvalle

Hi,

Last monday, I placed an order for a turbo bundle plan for a verizon landline and a 7.1mbps DSL line. After a week of no updates (and no confirmation email), I contacted verizon and they told me that they have no record of the DSL order, yet the landline service was activated. There was no explanation as to why this would happen, but they just recommended I place the order again and hope that it fully goes through this time. 

Now take note, I've had verizon landline services for a while now and am just adding the bundle plan to save money on their services.

So now, I've placed my order again and received a confirmation number after submitting the order, but am still waiting for a confirmation email. The full 24 hours has not passed, so I will keep waiting for this. However, what concerns me is that when tracking my order online with the number already provided, it once again only shows a service for a Verizon Freedom Essentials Voice Service with no sign of a DSL line being added on (and is what I really only need).

So my question is, does it take time for the DSL tracking to show up on their order status page (verizon.com/orderstatus only shows a Phone Service on schedule at 84% completion while verizon.com/whatsnext only shows the Home Phone service with an installation date for today) or is it supposed to be instant? I'm worried that I am facing the same issue again where verizon online orders are not recognizing my request to add a DSL line to my account.

0 Likes
Re: Problems Ordering DSL+Phone bundle plan
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

Elizabeth,

Fair enough.  But one way users can help other users is by giving advice about what to do when Verizon appears unresponsive.  My impression is that the vast majority of orders go through without a glitch.  But even if the orders that get screwed up are a small percentage of the total, that's cold comfort for the person who placed an order and didn't get the service. 

One way this community can help is by responding with strategies that work, or by advising agaionst strategies that don't work.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That's true, RetiredDBA. But only someone in Customer Service would be able to verify if the order has been placed as requested.

0 Likes