Really slow Internet(High speed)
Syhok

I have the 3mb plan for Verizon and this whole week its speed has been going up and down alot. Mostly down. Sometimes it would disconnect and the DSL would blink for a couple of seconds than connect back again. Help please.

Speed (Down/Up):  640 Kbits/sec by 256 Kbits/sec   Can someone help me?

Software Version: VER:4.04.03.00

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0

Model Name: D90-327W15-06

Serial Number: 07B408871948

Broadband Connection Status: UP

Broadband IP Address: 96.237.30.54

Broadband MAC Address: 00:18:3a:75:e1:49

Broadband Connection Type: PPP

Active Status: 02:10:34

Configuration: 096-900125-04 A

0 Likes
Re: Really slow Internet(High speed)
WalkGood

Not sure where you are located,  but I am having the same issue here on Long island.  Of course when you contact support they want to check every little detail first which takes over an hour.  Then they say they have no idea why.

0 Likes
patchelect
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also on Long Island and we've been experiencing horrendously slow service for at least a week. Using speed check services like Speakeasy and Speedtest, i've recorded speeds as high as 3001 kps and as slow as 350 kps. This is on my work computer and my home unit which is about 1/2 mile from work. Both are almost exactly the same distance from the CO. I also have a friend who is having the same problems and he is about 1/2 mile further from my home. We've tried all the typical Verizon suggested  disconnects and reboot for grins knowing that they won't help. Trying to contact a real person with real knowledge is a lesson if futility. Since I am aware that Verizon is installing FIOS in this area within the next few months (at least that was the plan last summer!) I'm hoping that switching will resolve my problems.

At some point yesterday, Thursday, service improved back to the previously expected 27-2800 kps rate. Since my only other alternative is Cablevision owned by a bigger group of sheisters than Verizon could ever be, I'm not switching providers.

0 Likes
WalkGood

Hi Patchelect

Is that "Patch" as in Patchogue?  I am in Patchogue and yes,  my connection the last 2 days is suddenly better.  Altho verizon swears there was no local slowdown problem....  it was just me!

0 Likes
patchelect
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yup patch as in Patchogue. And things are still moving along nicely now. (SHHH!!)
0 Likes
WalkGood

Does this speed test link work for you?  It did for me 2 days ago,  but not anymore....   just says I have zero download speed and all is working fine!

Verizon SpeedTest

This optonline speed test page shows much higher results (probably because it is just down the road from us)!  Optonline speed test

DSLReports speed tests I think are more accurate examples for distance testing DSL Reports Speed tests

Use the Flash 8 tests.

0 Likes
patchelect
Enthusiast - Level 2
The Verizon site gave me zippo but I have also used Speakeasy and another site that the name escapes me and they both gave me similar speeds. We did have an improve,enmt toward the end of last week but the under 1000kps speeds are back again this morning. My latest Speakeasy tesy showed 802!!
0 Likes
WalkGood

Extremely slow here too. Took forever to load up this forum display.   Mostly sub-300 kbps test results from last night til now.  And I pay for a 3.0Mbps connection.  First test to speakeasy came back as 87 kbps.  Nice.

0 Likes
patchelect
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing faster speeds in early-mid afternnons and back to sluggish as the day wears on. It's around 4:30 and I'm getting 5-600 again. This is frustrating as anything. They have no legitimate way to contact them online and I'm ceretain that a phone call to the "help" line will connect be to Bangelor.

And as far as FIOS coming to the area is concerned, I had it on supposedly good authority that it was scheduled for this spring, but I haven't seen any trucks working the area for much more than maintenance. I recall Cablevision stringing fiber on the poles a few years ago, but I doubt that Verizon would be partnering wioth them for the use of the lines, so I don't see FIOS as a possibility for a good 6-12 months.

0 Likes