Reconnected my landline going back to dial up
notsorural
Enthusiast - Level 1

It may seem crazy that I'm taking a step back when so many of you are blogging for faster speeds, but I too am hoping for faster speeds.  It's true that I have access to high speed internet through wireless, but it comes with a price- paying $400+ for data packages.  Here in "rural" PA we are left with no cable option and old copper wiring.  I used dial up until 2 years ago when we were persuaded into getting a hotspot and then switching our home phone over to wireless.  I feel this is where I may have gone wrong- I removed the need for Verizon to maintain my old outdated copper line- thus no need for updating wires- thus no need to run fiber or install dsl.  Recently when requesting availability and progress on dsl / fiber installation, I was told flatout that it would never be offered -So now I'm back to requesting my old line telephone line with dial up and will advise all of my neighbors to do the same.  Verizon need only check service records prior to us taking the wireless option to realize they will need to service the line everytime it rains, or the snow plow pushes over the box.  Perhaps Verizon should consider providing hotspot access at the same price as dsl / fios to areas where they cannot upgrade or offer other options to affordable internet---- or give the service area to another competitive company.

0 Likes