Re: Remote access/port forwarding-HELP
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

I am just wondering..

#1 Can you connect locally this server?

Quick quote from http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1116587665

This will test whether the server is configured correctly.   If you can’t log in locally like this, no one from the Internet is going to be able to log in either.

#2 What port (or ports) does it use?

0 Likes
Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes we can connect locally.

We are trying to forward ports 2001 and 3001

0 Likes
Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

What wa are thinking is that we need just a dumb modem and then do our port fwd with a 3rd party router.  Sure looks by all the problems that the Westell stuff is pretty low rate.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

OR:

You could get your own router and then put your existing modem combo into bridge mode.

Despite the title, this FAQ applies to the 7500 as well http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

0 Likes
Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

We tried bridge mode and it just locked it up.  Had to do a factory reset as I recall.  can't save config either.   I'd be embarrassed to have my name on a piece of equipment like this.

Might try again, but I need to choose my time wisely so as not to disrupt service if I mess things up.

0 Likes
Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got things working.  Here is what we did:

Westell reconfigured into Bridge Mode. (instructions on DSL Reports.com FAQ

Linksys Router with Mac address cloned to Westell unit.

I missed turning the wireless off at first and needed to redo it, but we are now into the Vantage and working on Milestone for my cameras. 

Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Throughout this frustrating trial Verizon was AWOL in the help department.  Sad

0 Likes
cosmic2

REF:

Finally got things working.  Here is what we did:

Westell reconfigured into Bridge Mode. (instructions on DSL Reports.com FAQ

Linksys Router with Mac address cloned to Westell unit.

I've had similar problems with my Westell 327W, trying to port forward a wireless internet camera so others, outside of my home network, can access the camera.  No matter what I try it does not seem to work although the verizon dslrouter interface has a choice for network games, etc. so it shiould be able to handle it??  Also, every time you turn off/on the Westell you get a different (dynamic) IP address so I don't know how anyone could access the camera anyhow if the dynamic IP changes every day (on/off cycle).  I'm confused. 

In solution above from another msg, how do you get by the dynamic IP address- or do you leave your Westell on 24/7?

0 Likes