Removing DSL service in an area
davf135
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does verizon tend to remove DSL from areas from time to time?. I used to live in a building 1 block away from here and I had DSL back then( and still hae where I live now), now I'm gonna move to the same building again but When I check availability in that address using the website it says Verizon does not offer DSL in that area een though I had back then and currently have living just 1 block away. The landlord of the buildin says that internet works perfectly htere so I don't know what to  believe now.

EDIT: I just checked my current address and even though I'm een using Verizon DSL to write this it says service is not available in m area. I guess the ordering site is just messed up. Could it be that the same happens when asking for 7mb plan or Fios? I always get a not available in my area message when I check for those. 

Message Edited by davf135 on 02-04-2009 06:59 PM
0 Likes
Re: Removing DSL service in an area
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@davf135 wrote:

Does verizon tend to remove DSL from areas from time to time?. I used to live in a building 1 block away from here and I had DSL back then( and still hae where I live now), now I'm gonna move to the same building again but When I check availability in that address using the website it says Verizon does not offer DSL in that area een though I had back then and currently have living just 1 block away. The landlord of the buildin says that internet works perfectly htere so I don't know what to  believe now.

EDIT: I just checked my current address and even though I'm een using Verizon DSL to write this it says service is not available in m area. I guess the ordering site is just messed up. Could it be that the same happens when asking for 7mb plan or Fios? I always get a not available in my area message when I check for those. 

Message Edited by davf135 on 02-04-2009 06:59 PM

Sometimes the data base gets a little screwy. When youcall the business office can you get a telephone number of a working Dsl line that they could use as a reference?  They may be able to get in touch with the people that program the data base (engineers) to make it so you can get the service.  Also, have you checked for the 3 mg service and gotten the same response?