Reoccurring DSL Speed Issue
JimmyG252

Verizon Support,

I have a reoccurring issue with my DSL speed.  Around the 20th of each month, my DSL speed slows to a crawl.  Some months it happens once, some months more than once. Here is some history: 

November 22nd - 22.6 KBs

December 2nd - 51.9 KBs

December 21st - 182 KBs

January 21st - 129 KBs

January 28th - 195 KBs

My DSL speed usually returns to normal in approximately 1 hour.  Rebooting the DSL modem and my router has no effect; the service returns when it returns.  Calls to Verizon support are useless as they lead me through the same troubleshooting steps - reboot the modem, check your Internet Explorer settings, etc. 

The problem is not in my house.  To suggest that my DSL modem is the culprit is a bit of a reach.  A piece of hardware that is intermittent every 30 days? I do not believe it.  The 1st call to support insisted I needed a new modem; one that I was asked to pay for.  I refused and hung up. An hour later (when my DSL speed was again normal) I had an online chat with Verizon.  Although the support person agreed that it was strange behavior, again they suggested a new modem.  I told them I would not pay for one so they are sending one for free.  A Wi-Fi model, even though I requested one without Wi-Fi.

What I want is for someone to please escalate the issue to the local Connection Office engineers.  It is my belief that they will find a correlation between my outages, their system logs, and other reported outages.  I asked that this be done, but I have no way of knowing that it will be.  Engineers are a busy group; I say this as I myself am an IS Systems Engineer.  If something is not brought to our attention, sometimes we do not know that it is malfunctioning.

It is my hope that someone from Verizon will please get back to me on this issue.  I could find no direct email address for Verizon support.  

In closing, I have one suggestion: when callers are on hold waiting to speak to someone about their Internet outage, the auto-attend should not suggest that they look for a solution online.  It is a bit of an insult, don't you agree?

Regards,

JimmyG

0 Likes
Re: Reoccurring DSL Speed Issue
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for using our private support case system. Please let us know if you need anything else

-Mitchell

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for giving us the oppurtunity to look into this matter for you.  If in the future you have any questions, let us know we are here 24/7.
-Amanda_M

0 Likes