Replacement modem Westell 7500 STILL cannot connect to internet
RChiu314

my problem started about 3 weeks ago. First, our phone lost the dial tone (so we thought thats why we lost internect connection as well), we called verizon and waited for 2 days for them to restore the phone, they did.

but then that didnt solve our internet connection problem. before, our actiontec modem had worked perfectly for over a year. now it has just ceased working. i was on the phone with verizon DSL tech support for over a week until they determined that its a faulty modem and they will send us a new replacement one. which they did after anothe 4 days. 

it is a westell 7500, and i followed the tech instruction to set it up. which is type in 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect/html and click disable, according to the tech, we should be on the internet after that, but we didnt.

so i called tech support again, he tried to get the protocol to change to bridge, but it still didnt solve our problem, the IP address is still not connected, and a connection name would not show up under network connection. after being on the phone with the same tech for 50mins doing the same things 3 times, the phone got dropped.

PLEASE HELP. it is very hard to get through to verizon tech support. and each one of them is just telling me to do the same thing over and over again.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement modem Westell 7500 STILL cannot connect to internet
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is a back door to ISP provided equipment.

Get your own modem.

OR get another router and get the directions to get this modem in bridge mode.

--

http://start.verizon.net/

Support

Networking

Setup

Connecting a third-party router to your home network

VersaLink 7500 gateway.
0 Likes