Replacing old FTP PWS with new Sitebuilder PWS
dumbblonde1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My existing Verizon PWS (created via FTP) resides at mysite.verizon.net/(username).  Due to new Verizon rules, I created a new site using Sitebuilder, but (stupidly) published it to mysite.verizon.net/(gibberishaccountid)/(username).  How do I get the new site to replace the old FTP one at the shorter URL?  Thanks.

Re: Replacing old FTP PWS with new Sitebuilder PWS
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have sent you a private message so we can get your exact URL and help out.

0 Likes
dumbblonde1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony -

Somebody named Kim called early this AM and left a msg: "it is not possible to change your URL".  However, that is NOT what I am asking to do.  I'm not sure if this makes it clearer:  How do I upload new Sitebuilder content to my EXISTING URL-- mysite.verizon.net/resvifqr (which resolves to mysite.verizon.net/walderej)?

Can you please try again to help me?

Thanks very much,

Emily

RMchief
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent numerous hours on several days working with VZ tech support to get my PWS website deleted since it is no longer possible to upload updates (a current weather site) since the FTP servers were removed and the Sitebuilder is unaccessable to me. There has to be someone at Verizon who has enough knowledge to just delete the web address for this site. If the weather cannot be updated, those who frequently use the address to get their current weather for my local area are frustrated.

PLEASE, can someone figure out how to accomplish this simple task for me. I no longer want the site and have no intention of rebuilding the site at any time. As a retired GTE/Verizon central office tech I cannot be the ambassador I would like to be if I cannot get my own problems fixed to satisfaction.

Please advise what magic it will take accomplish this task.