Ridiculously high ping and low speeds[DSL]
AmandaShawn

For the past weeks my ping has been so high that I can't use the internet for what I want, often exceeding 800ms. 
We pay for a 7Mbps connection yet don't even get 1Mbps on a wired connection.

Router is an Actiontec, but that has little to do with it: this is clearly an ISP issue.

I've called tech support numerous times with no fix to these issues with no success. Verizon has the worst tech support I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. The last time I called, we were without Internet for a week and a half as they "tried to fix our connection". I called every day, and every day said,"It will be on tommorrow" 

You guys raised our bill the other month too. We're paying a stupid amount of money for crappy DSL internet that we can hardly use because you guys apparently don't know how to manage your traffic. 

I really wish there was a better ISP in my area. 

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculously high ping and low speeds[DSL]
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AmandaShawn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes