Routed bridge disconnects frequently
stevo

I have a Westell 327W DSL modem.  Every now and then (maybe once an hour) I lose my internet connection.  The main page of the router say "not connected"- when I click on that link, the Routed Bridge status is disconnected, and it says something about can't obtain an address. After about a minute, it goes to "renewing" and then it goes back to "Up" and I have internet access again. It's like the DHCP is expiring way too soon. This is a real nuisance. Are there things I should be checking for, or a configuration problem?

0 Likes
Re: Routed bridge disconnects frequently
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 I point to another thread of yours.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Westell-327W-can-t-renew-dhcp-lease/m-...

#2 Do you have another router (For example the Linksys WRT54G) ?

0 Likes
Xboxgamer

This happens to me as well! I accualy just posted something about this a minute after I found this. But I have a different router than you. I referred to it as "Restarting" because the far left light stays green the middle light goes red and the far right goes out. And a minute or two later it turns back on by its self.

0 Likes
stevo

The difference now is that it does automatically renew, before I had to restart it. I'm just wondering if there is some timeout value or config thing messed up.

0 Likes
gordonfitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same router/modem.  At times it runs for days without interruption; at

other times the Internet connections gets broken every few minutes.  Since I use

the router to transfer data between three machine at home without any problem

whatever, I think the evidence points to problems on Verizon's end.  I have tried

reporting series of outages by telephone, but after getting bounced around the

automated telephone response system for ten minutes and winding up in an

"all our customer representatives are busy" swamp, I gave up, which is probably

the anticipated and desired purpose of the ATR system.  The router/modem

seems to be programmed to reset itself after awhile.  The Verizon problem

could be anywhere in their system; since one can't get through to them, one

can't get help and they can't learn anything about what's going wrong and

avoid it in the future.