Router 7500
tallupkid

For seemingly unexplained reasons my DSL is (often several times a day regardless of the weather) interrupted and sometimes we wait for it to come back but mostly we reset the router by switching the power off & back on in a minute or so.

Thank you!

Ed 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Router 7500
Jay_Doc

Ed,

You'll want to post some additional information. From what I've read on these forums, the system log and transceiver statistics are helpful in diagnosing your problem.

To get them...

• Open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 (address bar) to access your Verizon Gateway.
  • On the right side select System Monitoring
  • On the left side select Advanced Status - you'll need to acknowledge that you want to proceed.
  • Here you can find the System Logging and Transceiver Statistics - it is recommended to post the log to a website like "pastebin" and then link, to keep your post clean.

I'm not a tech but saw your post and thought I could help speed the answering process up for you.

0 Likes
Re: Router 7500
Tankalicious

I had the problem you are describing. Ask Verizon to check for static in the line. Once the tech came to the house and switched our connection to a new line pair, the problem was permanently corrected.

0 Likes