SLOW dsl
jimandblondie

Redid our bundle a few months ago and were told our internet speed would be faster...Wrong!  It is so slow it is like having dial up!  It stops and starts, freezes and takes forever to do anything.  I know it is not my router, we have an area Facebook page and everyone on it is complaining about the same thing.  Verizon assures me it is our router and wants us to buy a new one.  Switching is out of the question Verizon is the only one here and switching to sattilite is not an option due to living in Florida with all our thunderstorms.  Anyone have any answers because Verizon sure doesnt.

0 Likes
Re: SLOW dsl
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jimandblondie,

When you have a few moments, would you please send us this same post in a private message so we can escalate the issue from here?

~Jess

0 Likes
winencheez
I have had chronic issues with Verizon's DSL. I'm talking years of slow, intermittent internet with customer service offering up numerous hours of help with little actual results. My recommendation would be do what I didnt do soon enough. Skip out on DSL and go with another company's actual high speed internet. Super happy with my decision...immediately! Good luck!
0 Likes
jimandblondie

thanks,  if I could switch I would.  Our only alternative is sattilie and like I said with our thunderstorms in florida I would have worse luck.....I dont know if anyone on this forum has sattilite internet and if they do i would love to hear from them.  Verizon is the only company out here....

0 Likes
jimandblondie

how do I private message you?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@jimandblondie wrote:

how do I private message you?

Click the username (@Verizon_Support) next to the post to go to the poster's profile page.  There, at the upper right under "Contact Me," click the link that says "Send this user a private message."  When you get a reply, your Inbox indicator in the upper right of any forum page will look like this -->>   Click the envelope to go to your Private Messages.

0 Likes
jimandblondie

I clicked on your username.  under contact all it said was online.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@jimandblondie wrote:

I clicked on your username.  under contact all it said was online.  

Were you signed into the forums at the time?  You need to be logged in to see the Private Message link.

0 Likes
jimandblondie

I sent you the information

0 Likes
jimandblondie

I sent you this information per your request a few days ago and have not received an answer.

Redid our bundle a few months ago and were told our internet speed would be faster...Wrong!  It is so slow it is like having dial up!  It stops and starts, freezes and takes forever to do anything.  I know it is not my router, we have an area Facebook page and everyone on it is complaining about the same thing.  Verizon assures me it is our router and wants us to buy a new one.  Switching is out of the question Verizon is the only one here and switching to sattilite is not an option due to living in Florida with all our thunderstorms.  Anyone have any answers because Verizon sure doesnt.

0 Likes