Switch Account

Security Suite Incompatibility with Windows 8

Security Suite Incompatibility with Windows 8

Contributor AGzzt6
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(657 Views)

My daughter bought herself a laptop, and upon attempting to install the Security Suite, that I pay for monthly through Verizon, she and I discovered that McAfee is not compatible with Windows 8. We tried to utilize the compatibility wizard, but that didn't work either. When will this issue be resolved, as I imagine many other people may purchase new computers and laptops running on the Windows 8 platform over the holiday season?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor AGzzt6
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(655 Views)

I tried contacting Verizon through "chat", and I received nothing but an error message and then was sent here to the forum. If anyone has had any luck using the compatibility wizard or a patch to get the Security Suite to work,please hit me up with a link! Smiley Happy

MVP Smith6612 MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(620 Views)

McAfee themselves do have a security suite that is compatible with Windows 8. I recently installed it for someone who asked me to do it while working on a new Windows 8 laptop they needed help setting up. I don't know if the Verizon Security Suite has been specifically updated for Windows 8 myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there does actually have it working.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.