Security Suite Incompatibility with Windows 8
AGzzt6

My daughter bought herself a laptop, and upon attempting to install the Security Suite, that I pay for monthly through Verizon, she and I discovered that McAfee is not compatible with Windows 8. We tried to utilize the compatibility wizard, but that didn't work either. When will this issue be resolved, as I imagine many other people may purchase new computers and laptops running on the Windows 8 platform over the holiday season?

0 Likes
Re: Security Suite Incompatibility with Windows 8
AGzzt6

I tried contacting Verizon through "chat", and I received nothing but an error message and then was sent here to the forum. If anyone has had any luck using the compatibility wizard or a patch to get the Security Suite to work,please hit me up with a link! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Security Suite Incompatibility with Windows 8
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

McAfee themselves do have a security suite that is compatible with Windows 8. I recently installed it for someone who asked me to do it while working on a new Windows 8 laptop they needed help setting up. I don't know if the Verizon Security Suite has been specifically updated for Windows 8 myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there does actually have it working.

0 Likes