Serious static in phone line
drew32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for a landline.

The static is so bad, that others can not hear me.

Or the phone only rings once.

I told them that I don't consider my service as being started until it actually works.

I never had this problem with AT&T.

I have sent several emails, all have been unanswered.

I have made recordings of the line noise.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Re: Serious static in phone line
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have DSL, since this was posted in the DSL board, have you filtered your phones? Have you considered checking your phone service at your NID? How about calling Verizon from a mobile phone or another line, so they can do a test and dispatch a tech?

0 Likes
drew32
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Smith6612 wrote:

If you have DSL, since this was posted in the DSL board, have you filtered your phones? Have you considered checking your phone service at your NID? How about calling Verizon from a mobile phone or another line, so they can do a test and dispatch a tech?

I have already called them.

Apparently a land line only customer is a low priority. Effect of monopoly ??

My NID is inaccesible to customers. Wasn't the case with my previous telco.

I don't have DSL, but I used a DSL filter but it made no improvement.

I will keep you posted.

Take care. 🙂

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew wrote:

@Smith6612 wrote:

I have already called them.

Apparently a land line only customer is a low priority. Effect of monopoly ??

My NID is inaccesible to customers. Wasn't the case with my previous telco.

I don't have DSL, but I used a DSL filter but it made no improvement.

I will keep you posted.

Take care. 🙂

Okay. As long as there's no DSL you can ignore the DSL filter bit. In this case, Verizon should be making a big effort to come out and service your static issue. I've had luck with calling them on an evening, and having them out the next moring, although that could be due to the types of connections I call them on (Business) or just my area. Regardless, Verizon has a 24 hour window if you're offline entirely to fix the connection, and away from that, has to make every effort otherwise to fix service issues. For now, keep working with them and grab some credits on the bill for poor service.

drew32
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do you mean by grabbing some credits for poor service ?

Andy

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew wrote:

What do you mean by grabbing some credits for poor service ?

Andy

Simple, getting your bill reduced slightly via a refund. Verizon will usually give these if you ask the rep nicely, if they are not able to fix the line in a timely manner.

0 Likes