Service Ready Date Has Come. 10pm EST, still not activated... what gives?
JohnnyFive
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Ive been waiting for my new dsl service to be activated.  Was told that my service ready date was March 28th.  I was told service would be enabled by 6pm EST.   10pm Est, still no service activated.  Called your "Tech" support , and was told it wasnt activated yet by , and i quote "end of day" ...    anywho..  Contacted your tech support via chat and they told me the service was wired but it is still "pending" .. but they had no updated why.

#1.   Whats the hold up?

#2.   Can i get some info On the hold up?

Thanks

Re: Service Ready Date Has Come. Pm EST, still not activated... What gives?
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I hope this information will help you, at this point your service should be working, however if tech support told

you that your account still pending is because some information that was picked to create your profile and your circuit under Verizon system does not match and the system stays in jeopardy.

Sometimes sales take the order, no matter if the distance between main central is too far from your home, at the end central office make the last test to make sure your line support the DSL and guess what your service is not approved. I hopefully this in

not your case

depends what is the speed service you request is the distance required from the central office to your home.

I suggest to you to contact sales/billing and ask them if they have the correct information from you. Remember the origin of

your order is under sales then billing make the process and send the information to central office to set up your connection

besides that, make sure your Verizon modem is on and  don't leave the modem on the carpet, closer to your microwave, or near to any electromagnetic device like speakers, all these elements will produce static in you modem and your modem wont pick the signal correctly.

In recap of this matter the questions that I will make would be

1. My order is in jeopardy or required more information to fill?

2. What is the distance between central office and my home

Good luck, I hope you have soon the service

JohnnyFive
Enthusiast - Level 2

well i doubt that its to far away, plenty of people around these parts have dsl.  even some in the out skirts.  

So now i got an email that my account is now active...... but i just tested it and its still not working....

JohnnyFive
Enthusiast - Level 2

yah, powercycled everything ... nothing.

DSL light just flashes

Logged into the modem and i get the message "please connect a dsl line"

Service is NOT activated, even tho the email i recieved tells me that It is activated.    Getting upset cuz i dont like to be lied to.

This is a Secondary internet service for me, about to just cancel the whole order if this doesnt get resolved.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Telephone service with Verizon currently? If not, if you know where the copper loop from Verizon enters your home (generally at the NID, though if you use a Cable company for telephone, for example, they may have pulled Verizon's wiring to avoid interfering with the network), see if you can sync the modem up plugging directly into the NID or the point where the drop enters your home.