Re: Set up parental time limits on wireless router
philnlaura

NO matter what I do, No matter what settings or time I save, the devices are getting blocked on the times that they are supposed to be UNblocked.  I just want to prevent my kids' devices from accessing the internet between 8PM and 4:30PM the following day Sunday through Thursday.  Honest to God, it can't be this hard to get a straight answer after four weeks of asking.

0 Likes
philnlaura

I'm going to post screenshots of each step of this process.  Maybe someone will figure out what my problem is & why my WiFi is not blocking the Net during the times I've set up.  IF this doesn't work, I'll go with Comcast.

This is my current configuration:

When I edit the Schedule, I get this:

When I edit the Time Segments, I get this:

When I edit the Hours Range I get this:

And despite this, my kids are blocked from the Internet at 6PM at night ....duriing the times that I think that they should be able to get online, at least according to my understanding of how to set up the schedule.  So, what am I doing wrong???

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi philnlaura,

Please check your Private Message Inbox in the upper right corner of this page. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
philnlaura

Well, I've wasted 4 weeks of my life running in circiles with Verizon trying to get a simple answer to my question, why not run around another 4 weeks in the Verizon community doing the same thing?

can someone P L E A S E help me??????????????????????

Here is the configuration I had set up on one of my attempts.  At this point, I've tried so many options, I don't even know where I started from:

In spite that the status was "Inactive", which I'm thinking that the blocking rule is "Inactive", the devices were still being blocked....when they should not have been.  So I set up a new arrangement:

When I edit the Schedule box, here's the settings:

When I edit the Time Segment, I get this setting:

Now according to my understanding of time, I should have the Internet blocked on the devices (listed in the pictures) between 8PM (20:00) and 4:30PM (16:30), Eastern Daylight Savings Time on the following day for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

BUT...

Lo and behold, the devices are still BLOCKED at 6:30PM...when they should NOT be.

WHY????/

Can ANYBODY show me intelligently how to set up a simple access schedule on a wireless router?

So far, my satifaction level with both Verizon AND the Verizon "Community" is in the toilet.  If not one can help, let me know now & I'll start looking for another ISP.  I am beyond frustrated & have lost all patience. 

0 Likes