Setting up 6100 Westell Modem with Linksys Router.
bmxwxx
Can somebody please help me, or provide some steps, in showing me how to set up my Linksys Wired Router WRT54G with my Verizon DSL Modem 6100F Westell. Please help me in this. Everytime i try, the signal goes through and the connection seems to get lost within the modem-to-router connection. If somebody can please help me in setting these two up, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Message Edited by bmxwxx on 08-23-2009 03:37 PM
0 Likes
Re: Setting up 6100 Westell Modem with Linksys Router.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Try following these directions. http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

with your pc hooked up to the linksys router, go to the internet explorer and type 192.168.1.1    that should either take you directly to the linksys main page, or to a log in screen, The factory user name is admin and the password field should remain blank (no password).

Once you are on the main page you will see LAN IP ADDRESS field and it's changeable.  it will say 192.168.1.1,   change it so that it says 192.168.0.1 

and hit apply or save.

then repair your internet connection, and the pc should now work through the linksys and the actiontec/westell routers without a hitch

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's far easier to just program the linksys correctly then it is to bridge the westell or change it's lan ip's.

0 Likes