Setting up WPS
CML5

I have a Kodak ESP 5250 all in one printer that I want to work wirelessly. The setup calls for WPS connectivity. I have a Westell A90 7500 modem. The printer sees the connection, but isn't connecting. I used the same password to connect a different device yesterday, so I am confident I used the correct password.

0 Likes
Re: Setting up WPS
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am not aware of any verizon router that supports WPS.  you might have to set it up the traditional way with the essid and wep key on the service tag of the router.

0 Likes
Re: Setting up WPS
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the Westell 7500 actually has support for WPS in the firmware. I know the 7500 I received from Frontier in a legacy service area of theirs does, unless Verizon's firmware doesn't. The WPS settings would be found in the Wireless Setup if so. I would suggest against using it since it is pretty easily exploited these days, and the tools aren't quite mainstreamed but are easy to find.

You should have received the Westell 7500 with a pre-defined key, probably WEP. You should simply enter that key into the printer when you see the network. The printer should tell you how to connect to a network manually on it. Ideally, you may wish to configure your router for WPA2 security as well if you currently use WEP, for the sake of security.

0 Likes