Setting up email
sunshine_eyes

I am trying to set up my email address so I can get my email on my Verizon Wireless cell phone.  What I have is a Verizon.net account, but I have a sub account just for my laptop.  This is the email I want to also go to my cell phone.  Is it even possible to get email from a Verizon sub account on your Verizon Wireless phone?  I just got the email plan put on my cell tonight.  I managed to get my business email set up fine, but having problems with this one...any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Setting up email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It is entirely possible. I'm assuming you're using a pop3 client of some sort on your phone.

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

0 Likes