Setting up internet on a Mac
reliss

Hi,

I just got Verizon internet all set up at my house, but am having extreme difficulty getting it set up on my MacBook.  When I plug into the modem, it sends me to the Verizon new user page and downloads the install program fine, but when I go to try and set it up, it takes me through the first few screens, and then gets stuck on 'saving your settings' (50% of the way through the installation).  The spinning circle just goes round and round without accomplishing anything.

Any advice?  I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the modem; I have even tried connecting to a nearby wireless setting to 'force' the system through that step that it gets stuck on, with no luck.

I miss my internet!  Any help would be appreciated.  🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up internet on a Mac
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an idea.

#1 Go to 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

#2 You then want to select DISABLE and after it takes you back to the main screen.

#3 Close all your browser windows.

#4 Then open browser back up and should be good to go.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 You mean the page at https://activate.verizon.net/launch/welcome ?

#2 What option did you select?

#3 What is the brand and model of your modem?

0 Likes
mbtbnk

I am having the same exact problem with my mac. I chose activate high speed internet. I believe it is the westell

7500 modem. Any help is appreciated.

Like the previous poster said, i get to that screen of saving settings and the thing spins. It says this should take about 3 minutes but after an hour of watching it spin yesterday I gave up.

0 Likes
fstsung

Hi:

I am stuck in the exact same place, can someone post a solution to this?  Thanks!  I am on a Mac, running OS 10.5.8, and using a Westell 6100 modem.  

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an idea.

#1 Go to 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

#2 You then want to select DISABLE and after it takes you back to the main screen.

#3 Close all your browser windows.

#4 Then open browser back up and should be good to go.

fstsung

That worked.  Thanks a lot.

0 Likes