Setup problems
djfedder

I am trying to setup my modem/router and encountering a problem.  I get local service but not internet service.  I think I might know what the problem is so I am here to confirm if I am correct.Currently I have one Verizon Line into the building I live.  This line serves two phone numbers one for my apartment and one for the downstairs apartment.  They also have Verizon internet service (I currently use their setup)  I am thinking that this one single line cannot support two routers, is this correct?If a single line can support two routers can you please send me to the next what the heck (yeah, heck, that's the word I was looking for)  do I do now area so I can complete my transition.

Dan

0 Likes
Re: Setup problems
jsherrard

two routers require two network terminals. also, look at the color of the lights and check if you have a red/amber internet light, if you do, you may need your WAN IP address released and restored. a tech agent would be able to help you with the WAN IP release, but they will probably need to get the second network terminal installed for you first.

0 Likes