Re: Severe weather reminder for our HSI customers
imush
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am sorry, but does Verizon really think it is helpful for customers with service disruption to waste all this time with your automated call center and not get through? 

There is still no visible area on Verizon site with a list of outages and progress in relieving them.

Instead, thousands of people wind through your automatic menus, self-tests, advices to unplug and plug in the phone, buy a new wire or schedule an appointment, all in hope of reaching a live person with information. Even in nonemergency times the automated phone system is an insult to anyone's intelligence. 

This is a major and senseless customer service failure; it would cost less to everyone to release the information. By the way, power is back up and all cable-based customers have their internet (and so phones). Verizon has not even acknowledged a problem with their landlines (let alone the DSL that runs uses them).

For one, I am planning to disconnect and am not coming back again. The only reason to keep the landline was for emergencies with power outage. These days, mobile and even cable services seem to be doing better anyway.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could always say "Agent..." after you get past the telephone number prompt when you reach the main menu. Even with the issues relating to the hurricane, wait times through that avenue shouldn't be any more than a few minutes. Of course, don't overuse it if you can get to where you need to go through the voice promts (Such as DSL Technical support) which is a simple stroke of 1 and then 2 on your numpad the last I've checked.

I also find it best to talk to the reps in a calm voice without a sense of urgency. They tend to help out a lot more when they aren't being screamed at or rushed to try and make a fix. Also, if you guys are having trouble with speed on your DSL line, post up about it in your own thread and I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Pjd1020
Enthusiast - Level 3

after Irene's departure from No. virginia, my verizon phone service died sometime Sunday, 8/28Smiley Surprised.  dsl was fine, at least until yesterday - it's barely running now, speed tests show 0.42mbps dl  (usually get 2.8mbps or higher).   I don't expect any miracles, based on what I've read in this forum it's obvious that there's serious backlog on tickets. 

p.s, checked other forums, even google'd, checked dslreports, but there's nothing saying what's down or why. 

0 Likes
ThunerBob

I have no Internet connection since Wednesday, August 24 at 6:00 pm.  I work from a home office.  A Verizon scustomer rep worked with me to analyze that the problem was outside my house "in a main office"..  The rep told me my problem would be expedited, which I new he had no control over.  I am still down, my problem was due (and committed to) be fixed today.  Called customer support, there is no ETA to get my problem resolved.  

Why should I (or anyone) stay with Horizon.  Can't wait to fight with the billing dept to get a reduced bill..

Ineffective customer service, no communciation back to the customer, terrible technical support. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ThunerBob wrote:

I have no Internet connection since Wednesday, August 24 at 6:00 pm.  I work from a home office.  A Verizon scustomer rep worked with me to analyze that the problem was outside my house "in a main office"..  The rep told me my problem would be expedited, which I new he had no control over.  I am still down, my problem was due (and committed to) be fixed today.  Called customer support, there is no ETA to get my problem resolved.  

Why should I (or anyone) stay with Horizon.  Can't wait to fight with the billing dept to get a reduced bill..

Ineffective customer service, no communciation back to the customer, terrible technical support. 

What exactly is the problem with the DSL? Is the Internet light simply out/modem or router is not getting an IP address from Verizon or is the DSL light flashing?

0 Likes
mermaidvilla

I live in the UK and have a place in Orlando. Have just been told the internet and phone are dead as a dodo bird!!!

I have tried to contact veizon but to no avail. Can someone tell me are they having difficulties in the Haines City region as its annoying when youre 4000 miles away and cannot get to talk to anyone in the support centre

0 Likes
Re: downed dangerous tree
paulriley

large tree is leaning against the phone lines at the bottom of my hill. dangerous situation. Paulriley

0 Likes
SlowDSL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am living in the Queens area and my DSL & Phone are on and off for the last couple weeks. And now both of them are dead in teh water. I do the online testing and they kept saying that there is no problem in the network. I went to disconnected every thing from the house and checked the incoming wires. Theer is nothing between the two wires. I know that should be 50Vdc between the 2 phone wires.  And I checked between ground with each one they both get -26vdc. That mean the trunk of teh network is shorted or lost their power supply.  I saw the verzion service van out side of my house. I ask them if they can check the DSL line, they said the line is old and I should switch to Fios service. They obvious is working on the Fios line.  This is telling me that Verizon is trying to screw the HSI customer and force them to switch over to Fios.  I am typing this complain on my Sprint wireless Boardband access. and the speed of it is much better than my DSL when it was working.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SlowDSL wrote:

I am living in the Queens area and my DSL & Phone are on and off for the last couple weeks. And now both of them are dead in teh water. I do the online testing and they kept saying that there is no problem in the network. I went to disconnected every thing from the house and checked the incoming wires. Theer is nothing between the two wires. I know that should be 50Vdc between the 2 phone wires.  And I checked between ground with each one they both get -26vdc. That mean the trunk of teh network is shorted or lost their power supply.  I saw the verzion service van out side of my house. I ask them if they can check the DSL line, they said the line is old and I should switch to Fios service. They obvious is working on the Fios line.  This is telling me that Verizon is trying to screw the HSI customer and force them to switch over to Fios.  I am typing this complain on my Sprint wireless Boardband access. and the speed of it is much better than my DSL when it was working.

Have you tried checking service out at your NID? If that gives the same result something is up for sure on Verizon's network. I can't blame them for pushing FiOS but considering the nature of things, it probably takes longer to repair a copper network (that should hold up during power outages, however) than it does to repair a copper network.

bam1231

I agree!! I have had the exact same problem and for 10 days, since August 24th, and have been told "it is a problem in the central office" and "verizon technicians will call you when it is fixed" but they cannot or will not tell me an estimated time of repair, where this central office is, or what the exact problem is. It's been horrible as far as communication and customer service are concerned.

0 Likes