Re: Severe weather reminder for our HSI customers
rensem

This is ridiculour Verizon.  I agree this weather related "excuse" is getting old.  The challenge begins with calling the international call center, and they refuse to give a ticket number.  Once you spend anywhere from 25 - 45 minutes on a call, trying to get a ticket number and arguing to get a ticket number, by then your a very upset customer.  From here the challenge becomes who will verizon blame, cabling or network.  Our service is terrible, and it's time Verizon steps up to resolving the problem.  I pay $89.00/month mainly for internet (because my home phone does not ring), and the service is lousy.  I have had technician after technician appear at my door, to check my line.  What do you not get????  the problem is not the line to my house or in my house, how many times do the techicians need to prove this, before we get proper attention.  Let's the skills to get this corrected, I am way over this frustration. 

Here is an example of my outage...  hopefully you can understand my frustration

9/5/2011 12:00 AM     9/4/2011 11:00 PM 12:00 AM 1 hour 9/2/2011 6:00 AM 10:30am 16.5 hours 8/15/2011 12:00 AM 10:28 AM 10.5 hours 8/14/2011 12:00 AM 12:00 AM 12 hours 8/13/2011 2:00 AM   22 hours 7/13/2011 7:15 AM 10:45 AM 3.5 hours 7/12/2011 12:00 AM 10:00 AM 10 hours 7/11/2011 6:00 PM 11:59 PM 6 hours 7/11/2011 8:30 AM 9:00 AM 30 minutes 7/2/2011 7:00 AM Unknown   7/1/2011 10:30 PM Unknown   7/1/2011 6:00 AM Unknown   6/30/2011       6/29/2011 7:40 AM 10:00 AM 2.5 hours 6/28/2011 4:30 PM 5:00 PM 1/2 hour 6/28/2011 6:00 AM 12:00 PM 6.0 hours 6/27/2011 12:05 PM 4:30 PM 4.5 hours 6/27/2011 8:30 AM 9:27 AM 1.5 hours 6/20/2011 6:00 AM 10:30 AM 4.5 hours 6/7/2011 6:00 AM Unknown  

A company this size and charges $90.00 a month for service, should be taking action for these outages. 

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!! 

0 Likes
Nazpa

Have had similar problem since 8/30.  DSL light is solid green; Verizon confirmed line is fine; but no Internet light.  First commitment date has come and gone.  4 calls (and supervisors), 3 1/2 hours of hold and talk time with tech support and 7 days later, still no internet.  Can't get a straight answer from Tech support on what the problem is and if someone is working on and when it will be fixed.  Unacceptable in today's day and age that I don't have internet access when there is no outage in my area.  I'm not sure anyone can help me...I need the Verizon Central office and they aren't working today (Labor Day)!

0 Likes
Aduroseau

Verizon is really ridiculous. They have probems both with wireless, home phone and internet service. I am holding on to this company by a thin line. I have been calling them for the past week becuase my Internet keeps going on and off again. Everytime I call and the internet is fixed according to them , the next day it goes out again. How do you expect me to pay for a service that I have hardly been able to use for the last week and a half! Finally there is supposedly someone coming by to fix it 9/08/11 if this problem is not resolve by then I am leaving verizon.

0 Likes
johanna4

My phone and Internet have been out since 8/28.  The repair ticket still says my service will be back on 9/8?????  As a COMMUNICATIONS company your customer service stinks.  It is impossible to get a live person on the phone that can update when service will be restored.  I will likely switch to another provider shortly.

0 Likes
onlyelise
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband solved our outage!  We lost all internect connectivity Monday, it was down for 2 days.  When it came back, we were barely able to connect.  It was literally running at dialup speeds.  Every time he called, he said a very polite and pleasant person from the Indian Subcontinent attempted to correct the problem and promised a technician would check the lines.  After 4 days, he (my husband, not the tech support fellow in India or Bangladesh or wherever) started saying words he learned in the Army.  Then he called comcast.  We checked the DSL speed this afternoon one last time, still blazing along at .78 MbPS on the Verizon connection.  Compared to the 24  MbPS on the Comcast.  5 yeaers ago we were singing Verizon's praises, these guys used to be golden.  Don't know what happened, but it makes no sense to stick around at this point. 

It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

kasey17
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you don't have internet service how do you go on a verizon web site?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They either found Wi-Fi that was open to use at a Coffee shop, for example or were able to borrow a working connection.

0 Likes
faye6

i live at {edited for privacy} jersey city, new jersey, line down in the street cars can not come through.

0 Likes
Hal_Mann

So, I am not alone.  This is a common problem.  I have had intermittent internet "availability" since mid-August.  Verizon checked it out and found it was working, except that it's not.  It remains intermittent and no doubt very slow.  My friend says that she was told on the phone that they recommended she switch to FIOS.  That may indeed be why they appear to be neglecting us. 

I, too, look forward (not) to fighting with the folks wasting my time at billing.

0 Likes
mark4386m11

I dont know what or why http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/ does not work

For the last 2 days the page comes up and says

We're sorry....
We are not able to process your request. To continue, please select
one of the following options:

They better get there act straight or they will be loosing customers by the millions

0 Likes