Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Sharing telephone and modem into one jack

SOLVED
hockeyrefva
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing telephone and modem into one jack

Message 1 of 5
(5,961 Views)
I carefully followed the directions that verizon gave me. Also looked it up on the internet. After everything was said and done, my internet slows down to a CRAWL. If I unplug the telephoneand filter from the jack, the internet speed returns to normal. Anyone have any clues what needs to be done. All my phones have the dsl filters and I have only one phone number. I was kept on hold for over an hour with verizon customer service then I hung up.   
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hockeyrefva
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sharing telephone and modem into one jack

Message 5 of 5
(5,907 Views)

I figured it out. The splitter I was using was bad. I went out and bought another one and evrything works!!! 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(5,946 Views)

Have you tried a different splitter and/or filter on this jack ?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(5,925 Views)
Are the filters plug into the phone jack or into the back of the telephone?
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(5,912 Views)

Filters would be between the wall jack and the Non DSL Device (Phone, Answering Machine, Fax, etc).

It sounded like you were using 1 jack for both the DSL Modem and a Telephone, which would require some type of spitter.  One end would go directly to the DSL Modem and the other end would have a filter between the splitter and the phone.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
hockeyrefva
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(5,908 Views)

I figured it out. The splitter I was using was bad. I went out and bought another one and evrything works!!! 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title