Six-week saga waiting for Verizon to repair DSL and phone service. How do I escalate this?
Hurleybird
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until 6 weeks ago my DSL speed was consistently 5 or 6 mbps and I had nomal landline service.  DSL speed then suddenly dropped to 0.2.  It took Verizon two and a half weeks to get a technican to my home.  When he finally came, he was able to rejigger a connection in my home to boost it to 2.8.  But to really fix it, he said Verizon would have to replace a cable that serves the whole block, which would take 10 days.  He said to call him directly if service did not improve by then.  It did not improve, and in the meantime, service failed completely about every hour, requiring me to restart the router to get back to 2.8.  I also realized the rejiggering of my conections caused me to lose phone service to all jacks in the home except one.  To this day I have phone service in only one jack, and max DSL speed of 2.8 that fails and requires restart about every hour.

I called the technician.  He said he would look into it and get back to me.  He never did, and did not repond to subsequent calls or texts.

I called Verizon tech support again.  The agent first tried to claim the reason for the slow DSL service was the distance between my home and the Verizon office, even though I assured him that both my home and the Verizon office had not moved from where they were when the service was working properly.  He finally scheduled a technician visit to repair the internet and phone service the next day and then, inexplicably, transferred me to the Verizon billing office.  The Verizon billing office had no idea why he transferred me to them and said they could do nothing about the failing service.

The technician arrived the next day, and promptly explained that he did not have the training or equipment to repair internet service, only phone service.  He attempted to fix the phone service, but that fix caused me to lose internet service completely.  So he undid the fix and called his suprvisor, asking the supervisor to send out a tecnician skilled in internet repair.  He told me to call his supervisor directly if I did not hear back.  I did not hear back.  I called the supervisor directly and got his voicemail.  I left a message.  I still have not heard back.

HELP!  How can I escalate this to get my phone and DSL service restored?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Six-week saga waiting for Verizon to repair DSL and phone service. How do I escalate this?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

Re: Six-week saga waiting for Verizon to repair DSL and phone service. How do I escalate this?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.