Re: DSL Sudddenly 20% Of Expected Speed - Babylon, NY
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another failed attempt to fix my problem, accompanied by more revelations and contradictions. The tech (whose necessity was explained as I mentioned in my last post) visited me yesterday, and as promised, tested my lines. He proclaimed them flawless, even amazingly clean. As expected (I specifically asked) he detected absolutely no noise on the line. He contacted his 'MCO' (?), and they switched me to a different router, this time in Garden City, leavng the Babylon C.O. out of it. I then ran a speed test, and continued to see roughly 2Mbps, which the person at the other end also saw. Combined with the visiting tech's statement that numerous Babylon DSL customers are experiencing the same problem, it seems pretty conclusive that the problem is NOT with my lines or computers. After the router switch, the tech - still in conversation with the MCO - decided to try another port switch, this time at the Garden City location, which would (as mentioned when the Babylon port switch was scheduled) knock out my DSL from that moment until this morning. Naturally I agreed. This morning I have DSL, but the speed remains at roughly 2Mbps. The last time such a switch was scheduled, I was also told I'd immediately lose my DSL, but that didn't happen, and the port switch work order appeared with a scheduled completion date/time the following day at 5PM. Unlike that previous switch, however, I see no repair order in my account, so now I'm wondering if in fact the port switch was made or even scheduled.

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL Babylon, NY
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

AnnieS - I posted this question direcly to you, no reply yet, so I'll post in here, too - wherre is this 'private support portal' you'd like me to post the details of this case???

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, Elizabeth! I spent quite a bit of time searching the forums for the phrase 'private support portal', finally found someone else who'd been given the same generic advice to post there w/o any indication as to where it was, and received the same basic reply you just gave me. I copied ALL my posts onto that forum string, and will now post my comments in both places. My issue contnues unresolved...

0 Likes
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's after 6PM Thursday. My speed is still roughly 2Mbps. There is no work order, past or present, shown on my account indicating the Garden City port switch. I have not yet received the call-back promised for yesterday by the 2nd level tech in Providence to check on the status of my problem. I'm beginning the consolidation and compression of my numerous 'progress' posts into a long letter to the PSC. This situation and all that has accompanied it is completey unacceptable.

0 Likes
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Friday 5:42PM, day 20 of my complaint about pathetically slow 'HSI' (High Speed Internet). Speed still under 2Mbps. No further contacts from Vz, no work order indicated in progress or completed. No promised call back from 2nd level tech in R.I..Absolutely useless service.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello BillB9

As you only provided input to the agent yesterday, please give it two business days to get caught up.  Your issue cannot be resolved on the boards.

0 Likes
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Six days later - still no feedback, much less fix, from support. Speed continues to clock in at 1.5-2Mbps, and as has been true since I first reported the problem on Jan. 13, I cannot (for instance) watch YouTube videos without constant interruption as video playback pauses to allow further download. At what point in time should I assume the problem is permanent?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that update. We have requested that someone from the technical department respond to your private support case.

0 Likes
BillB9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tick tock tick tock... nobody from the technical department yet (nobody at all). Today's speedtest.net results: 1.78Mbps (host: Optimum), 1.07 (host: Towerstream), and at Speakeasy.net, 1.16Mbps. In composing my condensed history of this month-long problem for the PSC, I discovered that internet complaints do not go the PSC but rather the NYS Attorney General. Wowsa!

0 Likes