Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .
mikitty

The link for the actiontec does not work. Actiontec is the model for my modem/router.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
mikitty

That link doesn't seem to work either. Can you give me steps to access it by accessing my router (typing 192.168.1.1 in my address bar)?

0 Likes
bolddonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am tired of being asked these questions, so let me do a favor for you (tech support) by answering you now:

- My modem is 6100F . My router is 7501. They are both Verizon made. The wirless is on. The WPA is on.

Here is the deal. I live in the District of Columbia, and I have 3Mb DSL line. THREE nights in a row, the DSL disconnects itself at 9 P.M, and after I reconnect, the speed is under 1Mb. The speed is back to normal in the morning after 8 or 9 A.M.

What's happening? Don't tell me silly suffs about my system's setup. If my system's setup was wrong, how come my internet's speed was normal before , and is normal after 9 AM?

You reduce my speed, you should also reduce my billing.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mikitty wrote:

That link doesn't seem to work either. Can you give me steps to access it by accessing my router (typing 192.168.1.1 in my address bar)?

Ok, try System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

0 Likes
wmyatt

I'm having the same problems of extremely slow speeds.  SpeedTest.net says 1.1MBps when I'm supposed to have the 7.1MBps line

Tried reseting router, virus/malware scans..

Also , my pings in online games I play are fine..but the d/l rates I've been getting are awful.  I'm getting 30-50kbps:|

Westell   327w router

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0  

Vendor ID Code: 4  

Line Mode: ADSL2+Mode  

Data Path: Interleaved    

Transceiver Information

Downstream Path Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 7658   863

Margin (dB) 18.0 13.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 22.5 11.5

Transmit Power (dBm) 16.3 12.1

0 Likes
mlema

A couple of things... 1. Can someone tell me why my Latency/Ping is very high between the hours 7pm and 12pm pacific only? The time before that and after those hours things go back to normal.. I have been dealing with this since November 09, before that it was just fine. I even upgraded my internet connection to 3.1mbps and I still have the problem. Even when I do a ping test my speed and upload is still fine just my latency is high. I play a lot of online gaming and it hurts me with latency that high plus I get kicked from game servers for having a high ping.

2. If it is due to or being a part of a saturated connection, what are the steps to getting back a normal latency between those hours? Do I have to write a letter to Verizon's President? Call a Verizon Manager? Threaten to cancel my services with Verizon? I have already called tech support but they cannot help me.

P.S.. I have a Westell 7500 modem

0 Likes
Re: Download Speed: Terribly Slow
HotCactusPepper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had adequate speeds for a week now, not what I signed up for but better than the crap that I was getting.

After the 24 hour line test (March 3), after my "profile" was changed, after I had my speed lowered (7.1 to 5), I got an automated response saying my line did not meet Verizon's standards and that a tech would have to visit.  Later that evening my speed what up to almost 200 kbps, but then after I got my hopes up that it was improving it was back to 20 kbps.  However, the next day it was up to almost 4 Mbps.  It's been hovering just below 4 for the last week. 

I don't know what actually fixed it, but lower your speed and get a profile change and maybe that will help you. 

I haven't talked to billing about paying less since I am not recieveing the speed I signed up for.  And I am also trying to figure out why I was hit with an $11 "Order Processing Charge" which showed up right after I canceled in the inside wire maintenance plan.

Good luck everybody, I hope I don't have to post more.

Re: DSL slows to almost nothing every day
pollys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same problem for way over a year, plus last year at this time when I was doing taxes for folks, I had to subscribe to AOL dial up in order to complete tax forms for folks.  I have been told everything byVerizon personnel that a person could think of.  In fact, technician last week told me that he didn't know "what" the problem was unless it was the modem.  Well, to make a long story a short one, he gave me a phone number to call, along with a pin number to use, so I called that number.  I stayed on the line for 15 minutes, and no one ever did answer.  Verizon apparently has NO interest in keeping their customers.  I am definitely considering going to cable in order to get rid of the frustrations of dealing with Verizon for over a year, with no solutions.  I even bought a new computer at a cost of over $2000 as one tech told me that I needed a new computer, even tho I had hooked up three other computers and had the same problems.  What ever happened to good customer service?

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent DSL connection & breaks in internet
pollys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm looking for cable also, as it could NOT be any worse than Verizon service.  I live in West Virginia, and have nothing but problems with Verizon internet, plus they have cost me much, much money with taking computer to shop, then buying a new computer, which was not necessary, as it was Verizon's problems and not any computer that I've used.  I would not recommend Verizon to anyone.

0 Likes