Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .

Message 61 of 131
(9,673 Views)

The link for the actiontec does not work. Actiontec is the model for my modem/router.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 62 of 131
(9,665 Views)

Sorry about that.

Go to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm?getpag%B7%B7%B7tus.html

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 63 of 131
(9,659 Views)

That link doesn't seem to work either. Can you give me steps to access it by accessing my router (typing 192.168.1.1 in my address bar)?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 64 of 131
(9,616 Views)

I am tired of being asked these questions, so let me do a favor for you (tech support) by answering you now:

- My modem is 6100F . My router is 7501. They are both Verizon made. The wirless is on. The WPA is on.

Here is the deal. I live in the District of Columbia, and I have 3Mb DSL line. THREE nights in a row, the DSL disconnects itself at 9 P.M, and after I reconnect, the speed is under 1Mb. The speed is back to normal in the morning after 8 or 9 A.M.

What's happening? Don't tell me silly suffs about my system's setup. If my system's setup was wrong, how come my internet's speed was normal before , and is normal after 9 AM?

You reduce my speed, you should also reduce my billing.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 65 of 131
(9,592 Views)

@mikitty wrote:

That link doesn't seem to work either. Can you give me steps to access it by accessing my router (typing 192.168.1.1 in my address bar)?

Ok, try System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 66 of 131
(9,564 Views)

I'm having the same problems of extremely slow speeds.  SpeedTest.net says 1.1MBps when I'm supposed to have the 7.1MBps line

Tried reseting router, virus/malware scans..

Also , my pings in online games I play are fine..but the d/l rates I've been getting are awful.  I'm getting 30-50kbps:|

Westell   327w router

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0  

Vendor ID Code: 4  

Line Mode: ADSL2+Mode  

Data Path: Interleaved    

Transceiver Information

Downstream Path Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 7658   863

Margin (dB) 18.0 13.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 22.5 11.5

Transmit Power (dBm) 16.3 12.1

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 67 of 131
(9,462 Views)

A couple of things... 1. Can someone tell me why my Latency/Ping is very high between the hours 7pm and 12pm pacific only? The time before that and after those hours things go back to normal.. I have been dealing with this since November 09, before that it was just fine. I even upgraded my internet connection to 3.1mbps and I still have the problem. Even when I do a ping test my speed and upload is still fine just my latency is high. I play a lot of online gaming and it hurts me with latency that high plus I get kicked from game servers for having a high ping.

2. If it is due to or being a part of a saturated connection, what are the steps to getting back a normal latency between those hours? Do I have to write a letter to Verizon's President? Call a Verizon Manager? Threaten to cancel my services with Verizon? I have already called tech support but they cannot help me.

P.S.. I have a Westell 7500 modem

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Download Speed: Terribly Slow

Message 68 of 131
(9,349 Views)

I've had adequate speeds for a week now, not what I signed up for but better than the crap that I was getting.

After the 24 hour line test (March 3), after my "profile" was changed, after I had my speed lowered (7.1 to 5), I got an automated response saying my line did not meet Verizon's standards and that a tech would have to visit.  Later that evening my speed what up to almost 200 kbps, but then after I got my hopes up that it was improving it was back to 20 kbps.  However, the next day it was up to almost 4 Mbps.  It's been hovering just below 4 for the last week. 

I don't know what actually fixed it, but lower your speed and get a profile change and maybe that will help you. 

I haven't talked to billing about paying less since I am not recieveing the speed I signed up for.  And I am also trying to figure out why I was hit with an $11 "Order Processing Charge" which showed up right after I canceled in the inside wire maintenance plan.

Good luck everybody, I hope I don't have to post more.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DSL slows to almost nothing every day

Message 69 of 131
(9,290 Views)

I've had the same problem for way over a year, plus last year at this time when I was doing taxes for folks, I had to subscribe to AOL dial up in order to complete tax forms for folks.  I have been told everything byVerizon personnel that a person could think of.  In fact, technician last week told me that he didn't know "what" the problem was unless it was the modem.  Well, to make a long story a short one, he gave me a phone number to call, along with a pin number to use, so I called that number.  I stayed on the line for 15 minutes, and no one ever did answer.  Verizon apparently has NO interest in keeping their customers.  I am definitely considering going to cable in order to get rid of the frustrations of dealing with Verizon for over a year, with no solutions.  I even bought a new computer at a cost of over $2000 as one tech told me that I needed a new computer, even tho I had hooked up three other computers and had the same problems.  What ever happened to good customer service?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Intermittent DSL connection & breaks in internet

Message 70 of 131
(9,290 Views)

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm looking for cable also, as it could NOT be any worse than Verizon service.  I live in West Virginia, and have nothing but problems with Verizon internet, plus they have cost me much, much money with taking computer to shop, then buying a new computer, which was not necessary, as it was Verizon's problems and not any computer that I've used.  I would not recommend Verizon to anyone.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.