Re: DSL slow slow slow
abdiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, no help here? I posted a week ago. I'm getting .7Mbps right now. The speed will go up later. . .when I've gone to bed! I want to watch videos and play online games between the time I come home from work (5:00) and when I go to bed (10:00), and that is {please keep your posts courteous}

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder folks, that this is a peer to peer support forum where users share their experience and information. If you need assistance from Verizon, or have technical issues that cannot be resolved by advice found here, please use the Contact Us feature on the main community page.

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL Speeds?? Please post here. . .
jkmla

So my internet has finally seemed to be constant, but ever since the first day where i got 6mb and it dropped. It only averages around 4mb now...pretty lame. I'd rather just go back to my 3mb if i can't even get close to what i'm paying for.

0 Likes
jenstar131
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm beginning to think that's the standard

I've been talking to other people on other services

apparently no one gets what they pay for, it's like half or less.

And when you call to complain it's always some lame store about line usages, bad wiring, etc.

Shame that America sucks so much on the internet

when Japan can get 50 meg download speeds

http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/Images/commentarynews/broadbandspeedchart.jpg

jenstar131
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Who to Contact for Real Help
Lynxspirit

We also have very slow internet in the late evenings.  I have never gotten help from customer service, honestly never really received a response that was not along the lines of "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, may I help with with anything else?".  It's like trying to nail jello to the wall.  I'm looking for other internet and phone options and hope that one day I'll see a headline Verizon corporate surprised to have lost 50% of their customer base".  That seems to be the only way to get anyone to respond with a productive solution.

0 Likes
Re: Worst Internet Ever.
ralletsport100
Enthusiast - Level 2
Maybe it's the modem. I have Verizon Dsl and wow it's really fast!! I had dial up before and could not stand it. And verizon is not the worst Internet ever, the worst Internet ever is net zero & AT&T.
cjjeep
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had the same problem over the past week. We bought a new modem and changed the phone cable inside the house. We had a tech out 3 times. He changed the cable pair, the dlsam, and ran a dedicated dsl line into the house - still the same problem. Today the ticket was escalated and they changed us to a different router because the router we were programmed to on their end was overloaded. Now we are back to normal again - but faster! 

Smiley Wink Good luck!

Re: Worst Internet Ever.
phillyDSLfamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good point.  This was suggested over and over by the weekend overseas Verizon technician support teams. 

The problem is that the overseas techs can't order you a replacement.  However, they explained that you can call billing and request an ADSL Microfilters - billing explained that they can give me a few free ADSL filters and extras are $12. 

Thank you and good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL Speeds yep help if u can
yorlik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated from 1.5mb/340k to 3mb/765k

Now my speed is:  SAME!!!!!

spent the ridiculous 3 hours on phone with their dumb useless service folks to no avail.  "everyting is perfect sir."

Verizon has the wrst service of any company I have ever had to work with.  Period.

But I am desperate - anyone on this forum have ideas?  I see I am not alone.....