Slow DSL & HORRIBLE Customer Service
KWolfson

Wow I spent 3 hours this weekend trying to solve my slow internet.  First, I found out that I was billed for enhanced internet even though I wasn't correctly "SET UP" to get it.  Online customer service was no help and refused to credit my previous bills for paying for something that I wasn't receiving.  Phone customer service was better - or so I thought.  I was credited some money back, though not the full price of what I was paying and not getting.  After going through technical support issues for a while, they said it was my modem.  I was giving a reference number and told that my new modem would arrive in 24 hours.  NEVER HAPPENED.  Four days later, I contact Verizon, and apparently my order was "unsuccessfully" placed. 

So to sum it up, my internet is ridiculously slow, they agree, they don't know why, they promised a new modem, and now a week and four hours later I'm no better off then when I started. 

Maybe I should just cancel my internet?

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL & HORRIBLE Customer Service
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw..

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL & HORRIBLE Customer Service
kk571

Verizon has become the lowest unethical company ever. Their on line tech support is dishonest,almost impossible to understand and they connected and stole my yahoo passwords without my permission and connected them to my Verizon yahoo account. Very soon they can take my $174.00 and get it from someone else because I'll be leaving their filthily service's,all of them. The company could care less about their employees treatment of honest hardworking customers who are paying high rates for sub par service. As so as I can I'll be changing all of my services. Get lost {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes