Slow DSL download speed.
Orr
Enthusiast - Level 1

For over a week now my DSL download speed has only been around 430KBPS. It use to run around 730KBPS. I've contacted tech support and did all the trouble shooting procedures over and over but it doesn't help. I've turned the modem on and off many times but it does not improve the speed. So many people are having the same trouble so there must be something wrong with Verizon's service. We are not being given the service that we pay for every month. It's difficult and time consuming dealing with the overseas tech support people and not having the problem taken care of.  What else can I try?

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL download speed.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

Orr
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. My modem is a Westell #610.

2. I do not have a router.

3. I have Windows Vista.

4. I've had this trouble many times and it  is never my equipment. I believe Verizon either cut the speed or the line is not conditioned to handle a higher speed and they won't tell you that.

0 Likes
Orr
Enthusiast - Level 1

That Westell modem should be 6100.

0 Likes
Mata

I've had the same problem with Internet connection over the past week. The Speakeasy and Verizon speed tests and tech support found the DSL speed just fine. My VOIP service seems to be working fine, but I'm getting very slow mail receiving on Windows Mail and bad slowdowns and drop offs on the Web. Cnet Banfwidth Meter and the netstat Yahoo widget show speed cuts and drop offs. Since so many are complaining about this recently, I think there's something wrong with the interect connection, not the DSL. I've got a one-day study going, so hope will here if the problem is solved.

Mata

0 Likes