Slow DSL in Lehigh Valley, PA
dpark1

I've been experiencing very slow download speeds for nearly the past week. I called service last Friday, and they told me it would be fixed in 24-48 hours. I haven't seen any improvements whatsoever. On speedtest.net, I'm getting 0.7 mbps, and I should be getting 4-7 mbps. Is anyone else in my area experiencing slow downloads?

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL in Lehigh Valley, PA
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
dpark1

I have a 2Wire modem / router that I got when I was in Chicago. My Westell modem died on me 91 days after I got it here. Up until a week ago, I've had no problems with the DSL speed. The service person I talked to did tell me there was an outage in the area, and that was the reason for the slowdown in speed.

0 Likes
HelixFC3S

Same location, same issue. My download speed has been oscillating between 0-5 mbps since about last Thursday I've noticed. I use to get a consistent 5 MBPS before last week. As of today, I have 5 mbps at the moment. Hopefully the issue was fixed if it was on Verizon's end.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dpark wrote:

I have a 2Wire modem / router that I got when I was in Chicago

#1 Please let me guess...

a) That is a 2Wire 2700HG-B

?

b) And the screens of it, looks like the screens that you see at

http://screenshots.portforward.com/2Wire/2701HG/index.htm

?

#2 If I am wrong, please consider correcting me.

#3 I I am correct, good..

--

Directions if I am correct:

#1 In the router go to Broadband Link -> Statistics

#2 Please post the info that is there.

#3 In the router go to Broadband Link -> Details

#4 Not includng the (Internet Connection Details), please post the info that is there.

By the Internet Connection Details this means...

Connection Type, User Name (if that applies), IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Server(s), Domain, Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU), DNS Communication, and Configuration Server Post.

0 Likes
dpark1

I've noticed that in the morning, my download speeds have been fine. It's in the evening that the slow-downs happen. I just tried again right now, and I'm still experiencing the slowness. Are you?

0 Likes
HelixFC3S
0 Likes