Slow HSI and Verizon refuses to fix it!!!!
rcurtisjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

we have had a slow internet connection for over a year.  I have spoke to verizon reps and local techs every day for the last two weeks.  the tech told us that the line going down our road needs to be replaced and was never intended for DSL.  the reps keep telling us that it is going to be fixed "tomorrow"...well tomorrow has come and gone 7 times now and tonight it's slower than ever.  we are paying for 3 MBPS or greater tonight our upload speed is 343 kbps and download is 389 kbps.  this isn't even good enough for their SLOWEST package and we have been PAYING for the FASTEST package.  hopefully someone from Verizon who actually cares about keeping their customers will read this and DO something to FIX the problem instead of sending me a text message every day telling me that "your problem has been resolved" when it has NOT been resolved and in fact has actually gotten worse!!!!!!!

Tags (4)
Re: Slow HSI and Verizon refuses to fix it!!!!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes