Re: Slow Internet
mhilinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

it happens all of the time tghis has happenede to me when i first  got it and it has been happening ever since.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have more things for you to check...

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP.

#2 If you do not have at least two game console(s), turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

#3 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers on your computer.

This means for example, if you are on Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#4 When you go to the Default Gateway that is listed, does that take you to your Westell router?

0 Likes
mhilinski
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have no game consoles Mostly all i use the internet for surfing / email I don't do any gaming. But i will checki the settings for you anyway. I will keep you posted
ewhit8246
Enthusiast - Level 1

my internet is slow and i do'nt have virus protection how do i get what verizon has for us?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download Panda Cloud Antivirus OR Avast! Anti-Virus for Anti-virus software. As for speed, run a speedtest at a site such as speedtest.net and post up the results you get.

0 Likes