Slow Internet

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Slow Internet

Message 11 of 15
(2,929 Views)

it happens all of the time tghis has happenede to me when i first  got it and it has been happening ever since.

Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 12 of 15
(2,890 Views)

I have more things for you to check...

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP.

#2 If you do not have at least two game console(s), turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

#3 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers on your computer.

This means for example, if you are on Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#4 When you go to the Default Gateway that is listed, does that take you to your Westell router?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 15
(2,877 Views)
I have no game consoles Mostly all i use the internet for surfing / email I don't do any gaming. But i will checki the settings for you anyway. I will keep you posted
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 14 of 15
(602 Views)

my internet is slow and i do'nt have virus protection how do i get what verizon has for us?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 15 of 15
(599 Views)

Download Panda Cloud Antivirus OR Avast! Anti-Virus for Anti-virus software. As for speed, run a speedtest at a site such as speedtest.net and post up the results you get.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.