Slow as molasses speed and the Fios pitch
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why did Verizon hyjack my speed again. I been through this a couple of times before. Is it so important if they take away 200 extra notches of speed from my turtle dsl speed. It's frustrating. I thought we had this fixed before. My speed has always been 1184kbps/448kbps when they gave us that rare free speed upgrade. Now they put me at 864kbps/160kbps. This is to slow for me. Verizon please put me back to 1184/448. That's not asking for too much. I went on the phone to try to get some help. All I got was a phony who only wanted to sell me Fios. That call was a turn off. He went on and on about the greatest of Fios. I don't want Fios. I want my 1184/kbps speed back.

Here's a screen shot of my right speed:

0 Likes
Re: Slow as molasses speed and the Fios pitch
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to  customers here.  If you want answers from Verizon you need to contact them.

I'm curious why you don't want FiOS.  It is pretty great...

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: Slow as molasses speed and the Fios pitch
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why not take advantage of the rep who wanted to sell FiOS, and get the unadvertised 5Mbps/2Mbps package for FiOS? It's the same price as the enhanced DSL speed. You won't be putting up with a network that Verizon doesn't care about anymore, no more optimizer (which is probably dialing your speed back), and really less of a headache. At some point if you call enough they're going to force an install or disconnect the DSL.

If you want to keep the POTS line for telephone, move your number to a CLEC and then get FiOS for Internet.