Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Slow bandwidth speed

SOLVED
manormortal
Contributor
Contributor

Slow bandwidth speed

Message 1 of 7
(8,219 Views)
I've had this problem for sometime now and just decided to call verizn about it last night. I've been getting less than half the bandwidth that I suppose to on the 3.0Mb/s plan. I've only been able to reach 0.5Mb/s on average. Verizon is sending out someone to my house on Wednesday 8/12, what should I expect? Are they going to try to fix my phone jacks or something else?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alex_lee
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Slow bandwidth speed

Message 6 of 7
(8,110 Views)
i guess you might need to wait for the technician, sometimes its just a loosed wires on the NID or outside lines.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 7
(8,173 Views)
The tech will probably check the DSL signal at the NID and jack with his Colt meter. Depending on what the tech finds will dictate what happens next.
manormortal
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(8,165 Views)
Where should the NID be located in my house? And would I have to pay for a Jack replacement if one has gone bad?
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 7
(8,146 Views)
The NID should be outside the house near the other utilities. If you have a maintenance plan from Verizon the inside wires and jacks are covered otherwise time and materials apply if that is the problem.
manormortal
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(8,135 Views)
So I'm guessing the techincian will have a meter to read the speed from the NID after the repairs or will they need to use the computer in my house? Also how much would it cos to get the Jack repaired because I have a feeling that might be the problem
alex_lee
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(8,111 Views)
i guess you might need to wait for the technician, sometimes its just a loosed wires on the NID or outside lines.

View solution in original post

manormortal
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(8,026 Views)
A verizon guy came today, turns out there was a faulty wire in the phone jack, once it was removed everything was speedy again
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title