Slow internet
NOLESWIN1

I have been a verizon customer for less then a month.  WOW their internet service is slow.  Locks up many times a day.  Is this normal

0 Likes
Re: Slow internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it's not normal. I've had them for years and don't experience lock-ups unless there are known issues going on.

Please describe these lock-ups for us. Do pages quit loading in the middle of a load, do downloads suddenly stop, or do speeds vary wildly towards the night time hours? Does the Internet go out for a few minutes at a time?

0 Likes
NOLESWIN1

Pages just stop loading and then everything I have open, email, linkedin also lock up.  I have to hit control, alt delet and start all over again.  This happens about 3 times a day. JS

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is sounding more like a machine issue at the moment since you must use Ctrl + Alt + Del to fix this issue. Did you install any software in order to activate your service by any chance, and did these lock-ups start occurring just after the software was installed?

What do you use for E-mail and web Browsing?

0 Likes
NOLESWIN1

The Verizon technician set up the computer for me while he was here.  I use go daddy for work e-mail and outlook for home e-mail.  I had been with Brighthouse for many years but they do not provide service at my new location.  I have never had this problem until going with Verizon.  JS

0 Likes
NOLESWIN1

I also can not check my speed.  Every time I long onto verizon.net/speedtest the site goes white and starts all over again.

0 Likes