Slow speed and fraud biling
sonunatt

I am so mad with Verizon. I checked the internet speed I am getting at my residence from 2 different independent websites at various weekdays and weekend at different times. Both of them clocked me at LESS than 1.1mbps, closer to 0.6661. When I went to my account on Verizon it was showing 0.94mbps. I went through all the troubleshooting steps Verizon recommends on there website. None of them worked when it comes to improving the speed. I have been paying for a so called enhanced speed all these years and getting the basic slowest speed. This is downright cheating and fraud. Verizon needs to issue me a credit for alll these years when they were allegedly providing me a with a higher DSL speed. I am sure there are 1000's or maybe millions of customers like me who are facing the same issue. Verizon deliberately provides poor quality DSL routers with limited range and still charges an arm and a leg for services they do not even provide. Not only that if you try calling them you are put on hold forever. The online chat person is of no help and will still refer you to call the toll free number. So one is back to square one. It's a nightmare trying to deal with this company. The biggest problen they are the sole providers for this region and they are aware of this fact and that is why they drag you through hell.

0 Likes
Re: Slow speed and fraud biling
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

We could try to figure out if there's a technical reason as to why the Enhanced DSL package is only delivering 1Mbps. If you could, can you share what modem make/model you have? We can help get your transceiver statistics with that information, if at all possible.

0 Likes