Slower Dsl
rayman9969
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the first year or so I've had almost NO issues with my dsl. Until here lately. I have noticed a slow down.

I talked to a Verizon Installer, he said- SURE I can hook you up. He did. we had 2.8 for awhile. Now we are lucky to get 1.7

HALF of what I pay for. I have called SEVERAL times to no avail. They say I have "good" internet. But not good speed anymore.

I checked my line speed and it's been LOWERED to 2100. It used to be 2999...... They claim its due to the "age" of the lines. If they are THAT old- shouldn't they be replaced then? The tech told me the older lines are better because they can handle better power or something like that....

So I was wondering since they lowered my services by 1/3, where is the 1/3 reduction in my bill?

This seems like a very shady way to do business. Since there is no other company in my region, I feel like I"m being hung out to dry. Just cause they can. I've called so many times, gotten switched from tech to tech so much I feel like I've talked to 3/4's of the company. No one will answer WHY the lowered my speed....

Re: Slower Dsl
rayman9969
Enthusiast - Level 2
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2112860
Margin (dB)8.711.5
Line Attenuation (dB)60.032.5
Transmit Power (dBm)15.712.2
0 Likes
rayman9969
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL, was just on live chat with ALOK, and told him my issues, he confirmed we are paying for 3 meg internet. My line speed is only 2112 and I am only getting 1.7 according to speedtest.net

Then suddenly we are knocked offline during this chat while he "fixes" this....

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm glad to hear that the speed is back up to right near your subscribed rate. Please make a new post here on the forums anytime you need help.

0 Likes