Speed Being lowered again....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
rayman9969
Enthusiast - Level 2

To all of those that aren't getting what you used to. Your Not alone, I am experiencing the effects also. I am at limits- but for some unexplained reason I can get 2.89 down .70 up and have been for the last 5 years. A few months ago, I noticed the same thing happening. I called, spent many hours on tech support. Even had a Tech to the house to check everything.

From that experience I have learned Verizon started using a program called ASSIA. (http://www.assia-inc.com/)

What it does is decide how fast your internet should be and then will set it to what it wants. In other words THROTTLING your internet speeds down. Start calling and tell them you don't want on this system or to reset your number on it. The Tech had mine taken out, then reset and I have had no problems- except for the plug to my modem coming out of the wall causing intermittent connection. So this program sees this and says- It's not stable- LOWER speed. Now I don't get what I"ve had for YEARS and still being charged the same price. I need to get ahold of COrporate complaint line. Anyone have the phone number? Email address?

0 Likes
Re: Speed Being lowered again....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Just_tired

I wish I had the number.  I suspect the reason for my line being slowed is what's called a false positive due to using a cyber game called Second Life.  The no help support from verizon chat is worthless have already requested a supervisor on line, but they ignore it.  If you get the number please post it here so others can also complain.  Thanks and Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Speed Being lowered again....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just tell Verizon to shut ASSIA off and define a profile for your line in the DSLAM and the edge router (Juniper most likely). They can certainly do that, and I know they can considering I speak to the person responsible for that system on a routine basis. You just need to have the person you speak to in Verizon reach out to a tech who can adjust this if they cannot adjust your profile in this depth.

Neesless to say I'll be working with them to hopefully get the ASSIA system sorted out. It's made a few mistakes on some lines that has rendered them unusable (dropping every 10 minutes) and have had to be set back manually to what I asked the line to be at.

0 Likes