Spped issues at my address
mojorisen
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I first joined verizon I had a bundle that included internet at 7mb - 15mb. Verizon tested the line said it was not fast enough, sent a tech to my house and found I was only getting about 1.7mb. I was told I should downgrade so I didn't pay for the service I wasn't getting.  Made sense.  I contacted verizon to change my plan to accomidate the 1.7mb but I was told I could only get the .5 - 1mb plan. When I asked why I cant get the 1.1 - 3mb plan they said it was unavailable.  They said it was unavailable due to my address/location.  Why is this the case if I was able to get 1.7mb with the original plan?  Has anyone else run into this?

0 Likes
Re: Spped issues at my address
unhappier1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had slow speed, 1 mb, and was told that I could upgrade to high speed internet................wrong decision. It has been the absolute worst experience in the world. my suggestion is that if you don't have to, don't change the program that you are on.

since my "upgrade", my connection drops almost everyday, my speed varies from 0.67 to 7.8 mb anytime time of day, tech support only recognizes that I called once about the speed, even though I've been in contact almost 30 times with them.

0 Likes
Re: Spped issues at my address
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many people have come across this issue, and it normally comes out to be an issue with Verizon's database on your line. If you can provide your modem's Transceiver Statistics, that would help us understand what may or may not be happening. If you don't know how to obtain this information, tell us which modem you are currently using.

Re: Speed issues at my address
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have the same issue now.  I had 2.8 at my home in October.  Disconnected service to combine phone lines.  It was not working for me so I separated the phone lines again.  Was told I could get same speed as before.  Now they tell me I can only be provisioned for 1.5.  Something about port location.  Same place it has always been and now charging me more $ for less service.  Verizon is becoming a real rip-off like all the rest!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Judy10 wrote:

Yes I have the same issue now.  I had 2.8 at my home in October.  Disconnected service to combine phone lines.  It was not working for me so I separated the phone lines again.  Was told I could get same speed as before.  Now they tell me I can only be provisioned for 1.5.  Something about port location.  Same place it has always been and now charging me more $ for less service.  Verizon is becoming a real rip-off like all the rest!

Modem statistics, please! Unless you got moved to farther away equipment which wouldn't make a lot of sense due to the amount of work that requires, it sounds like you were told something that is untrue.

0 Likes
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hee are my modem statistics speed is 1792/446

Software Version:

VER:5.01.00.04
Transceiver Revision:3.3.6.10.0.1
Model Name:G90-610015-20
Serial Number:09AK04132673
Broadband Connection Status:Connected

Broadband MAC Address:00:23:97:4E:28:0F
Broadband Connection Type:PPPoE
Active Status:1:03:56:01
Configuration:096-900207-00 A
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

At that above page, choose Advanced Statistics from the left hand side Navigation and then choose Transceiver Statistics. If you are asked for login information, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

But we have at least confirmed which modem you run (A Westell 6100 rev. G, perfectly good modem) and what speed the modem is running at off the bat.

0 Likes
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)1792446
Margin (dB)34.427.8
Line Attenuation (dB)18.410.1
Transmit Power (dBm)2.112.4

t ran speed test.net and it is 1.53 download and 37 upload.  The Verizon install tech told me it would start at this speed and optimize at 2.8 and .74 after 2 weeks tops.  After 6 weeks still waiting.

0 Likes
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue has been resolved.  I now have speed of 2.88/.74 which is correct for my area.  I found a Verizon technician working in the area ans talked to him and he resolved it for me.  There are still alot of good technicians out there willing to help if you search long enough. 

Thank you Marcus!!!