Tech support calls and "Virtual Val"
edster333

My internet has been having issues for days but when I call tech support all I get is Virtual Val (as I like to call it) Asking me a lot of questions but when I finally think I am getting to the promised land (a real person) Virtual Val sends me right back to the beginning of her questions, this happens over and over with no help from a real person. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Tech support calls and "Virtual Val"
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When that happens, press 0. It'll get you out of the menu and into something that will ask you one question (via Numpad) and then shoot you off to an agent.

0 Likes
edster333

yeah that pressing 0 didn't work either, I have used 0 in the past and this time no matter what I did it kept looping me right back the beginning to virtual val there. Even hanging up and calling back did nothing to change that. I was in a contentious loop with the auto response.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As in, it loops you to the main menu again or are you trying to do this before you even get to the main menu? I called Verizon up last week on behalf of a friend of mine and had to use the 0 operation because the phone system would leave me stuck with options I didn't want to follow through with. After entering in a phone number to get into the main menu, I pressed 1 for Tech Support, 1 for High Speed Internet. From this point, I tapped 0 where I was taken to a menu that asked for basic information about what I needed assistance with. It asked for High Speed Internet, then it asked for Operating System, and then it went into the call queue. It didn't do anything along the lines of checking the line out.

If you've gotten through to the queue for High Speed Internet support, it should start talking about stuff like resetting the modem and paying bills on MyVerizon. Don't touch anything or say anything at that point until the rep comes on. The phone system might just throw up at that point.

If you still hae trouble, care to explain to us what the problem is with your connection in detail? We can point you in the right direction after a little bit of troubleshooting.

0 Likes