Tired of speaking with FOREIGN tech support and HORRIBLE DSL service from Verzion
horseman18702

Why is it that I can NEVER speak to an AMERICAN (not meaning just english speaking BUT an actual AMERICAN) tech support agent and ACTUALLY get my DSL fixed after 3 years of this . Verizon will place 50 automated calls to collect your money but then to actually get things repaired DOESNT EXIST!!! 

I live in a very populated area and for 3 years my service decides to act up drastically where I cant even check email via Outlook while Outlook errors out because of connection. At times I get ping times of anywhere from 100 -700 ms and the DL rate (which is supposed to be 7mb) is lucky to see 1.5mb DL. Each time I called and fought for a couple hours with another useless tool from Verizon who only states "everything looks fine from our end" and then send ANOTHER modem (3 so far to date) which is NEVER the issue, I only had techs come ONCE and after they spent half a day here the best thing they came up with was the switch I connect to at times is supposedly a "known bad switch" and when they called to have me bounced over to another, it worked just fine for a while. This cycle happens several times a year and lasts for days where page loads are horrendous and connectivity is 50/50. Since I do most of my business online, this is damaging BUT EVEN THOUGH MY MONEY SUPPLY IS HAMPERED BY  PROVIDERS THEY STILL WANT THEIR MONEY WITHOUT FIXING THINGS OR ALLOWING AMERICANS TALK TO AMERICANS WHO MIGHT JUST UNDERSTAND MORE WHAT A PERSON IS ACTUALLY SAYING!!!

For 3 years I go back and forth with some  in another country who only reads the scripts provided and NEVER listens to what you say on when insisting on an AMERICAN CALL CENTER you get placed on hold for over an hour or simply the hang the call. I am in the IT field and already do all the preliminary garbage the poorly trained service people tell you to go over EVEN IF YOU TELL THEM ITS ALREADY DONE, such as unplug the power from the modem and hit the power button and leave it unplugged for 1 minute then plug it back in and turn the power on, or making sure the antivirus is run to make sure that there are no viruses, or reboot the PC (even though the PC, smartphone, and any device connected to the modem acts the same way), or release/renew IP's,. ect., and after all that EACH TIME BEFORE I WASTE A CALL, I am still asked to do it again while some cant figure out that I told them its all done. And I will even express that it affects EVERY unit either attached to my modem OR wireless, and whomever I speak to (which this all happens with EVERY CALL I HAVE EVER MADE TO TECH SUPPORT) I tell them that it CANT BE MY PC since its EVERYTHING on the network, I still cant any answers or resolution. BTW, the last  I spoke to a couple weeks ago sent me the NEWEST replacement modem (while there was nothing wrong with the others) she was SUPPOSED to call this past Thursday to check and see if the problem went away, but its now the 2 Thursday and there is still no follow up call, SHOCKER!!!

HOW DO I SPEAK WITH AMERICAN TECH SUP{PORT TO HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY ESCALATE CALLS TO GET ANSWERS AS TO WHY ITS SO HARD TO FIX THIS ISSUE? I realize that Verizons quality standards are GARBAGE, but we pay for services and are stuck with you since other providers aren't available so since we pay for your trash, it should work as stated and YOU HAVE TO STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING ELSE BUT YOUR HORRIBLE SERVICE AND CRACKERJACK ENGINEERING!!

0 Likes
Re: Tired of speaking with FOREIGN tech support and HORRIBLE DSL service from Verzion
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes