Too far from Verizon Central Office ?
brooklyn93boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I was on verizon.com and I checked if high speed internet (DSL) was available in my area and it was. So I ordered the 3mbps/768k (DOWN/UP) plan for $29.99. A technician comes to my house and tells me my DSL isn't going to work cause i'm too far from the Verizon Central Office! Then why would they say its available in the first place ? Please help me Verizon and let me know if the guy knew what he was talking about or not, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Too far from Verizon Central Office ?
FieldT
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could be too far or the tech could be wrong, both happen all of the time. The records could be wrong showing by mistake that you can get DSL when you can't. Best bet is to call up tech support and tell them what happened and that you would like for them to call the MCO department and have a MLT test done to see how far you are and what the line looks like. The MCO techs are very good and are in the US. Unfortunately you cannot call them.  Have your modem hooked up and on so they can test to that also. You may be too far to get 3M service but may be able to get 1.5M, 1M or 768K depending how far away you are, the further out you are, the weaker the signal gets, the less speed they can sell you.

0 Likes